This Agreement was last revised on December 7, 2016
League Network, PBC. (leaguenetwork.com) is the owner and operator of the Fund My Team (fundmyteam.com) fundraising platform.
- PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT, WHY AND HOW WE COLLECT IT “Personal Data” is defined herein as information used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. League Network, and its related properties are a social enterprise. We take relationships with our customers very seriously and care for your information with diligence and prudence.
We collect information through your coach for the purpose of setting up the campaign, and by direct interaction with you through emails, forums, website or social media and customer service inquiries (email/chat/phone/mail).
We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Team, League and Tournament Information - allows us to organize the teams and fundraisers. This includes Team, League and Tournament’s name, city, country, state and Zip code as well as individual teams players’ first name, last name and contact email as furnished by the coach or league. This also include Team photo and/or video as provided by the Coach. By accepting a team image from the Coach we assume that you have given prior consent to him/her taking the photograph or video and using it publicly. We do not link personal identifiable information to the picture/video.
- Coach Information - allows us to communicate with your team coach. This includes his/her name, email address and telephone number, team(s) and league(s) affiliation, social media profiles.
- Player Information - allows us to communicate with your family regarding the campaigns requested by your coach. Usually collected from the coach (via use of the team roster for example). This includes name of your child and contact email for the initial purpose of securing your consent to create a personal profile. Only your child’s first name and last initial (as well as profile picture if you so choose) will be visible on the public site. You will have access and right of corrections to your child’s account by visiting your personal profile or contacting us directly.
- Contacts and Friends (also referred to as Associates) Information - allows us to communicate with your contacts and personalize our emails for the purpose of asking for donations to your campaign. This includes Full name, email as well as relationship, as well as donation made. The data is entered by you (your child) in your personal profile and can be removed or altered at any time by you. We do not use this information outside of a campaign or if the person makes direct contact with us.
- Fundraising Campaign Data - allows us to report and track individual campaigns. In addition to the information collected above, we collect campaign goal, timeline and donations made.
- Financial Account Information - collected via WePay site for the purpose of accepting donations, and allowing withdrawals from the team. We do not have access to, or store this information.
- Transaction Data - this allows us to track, aggregate, report and act during the course of a campaign. We also use this information to perform statistical analysis of our users’ behavior and needs in order to improve our offering. This includes donation amounts, transaction number, donor names and message (if disclosed by the donor), total donation from donor throughout campaigns (collected via WePay) as well as email opens/bounces/views and interactions (collected via Send-Grid).
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION We use your information for the purpose of fulfilling services requested, maintaining and enhancing our sites, tailoring offers we believe will benefit you, and responding to customer service requests, such as:
- Operate our sites including site administration and maintenance, fraud prevention etc., as well as affiliated companies operations.
- Fulfill your team request to help them raise funds and highlight campaigns on the website.
- Send reminders, notices and updates as they pertain to your campaign(s).
- Occasionally send surveys, offers or promotions from our partners or to enhance our offering (including banner ads).
- Disclose only necessary information to our third-party providers WePay (wepay.com - donation processing) and SendGrid (send-grid.com - email processing) for the purpose of fulfilling the campaigns.
- Track donations and report within the campaign.
- Aggregate non-identifiable, statistical data for marketing and research purposes.
- Use Coach, League and Tournament information to fulfill League Network’s mission as a membership and media company to support a healthy youth sports ecosystem.
- Respond to customer service inquiries via phone, email, chat or mail.
As our services are not intended for children, we do not specifically attempt to communicate or interact with children under 18. We assume that the emails used by your coach are under parental/guardian control and take extra care to secure parental/guardian consent.
We do not publicly disclose children’s personal information or permit external usage by an outside party other than outlined above, or for the purpose of answering to a lawsuit, fraud investigation, and government compliance request or law enforcement subpoena. In the case of a major corporate structure change, including but not limited to sale, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy etc., we will communicate with you about the changes and your rights regarding your personal information.
You have the rights to change, remove or ask us to stop using your private information. If you have any concern or questions about the collection or usage of your data, please contact us via the [contact us] button on the website or at email@example.com.
- COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES In order to properly operate our site, we - or our business partners and service providers - may use certain automated electronics means such as cookies, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. Usage of our sites expressly indicates your consent. Use of anti-tracking and/or ad-blocker software may impair our ability to serve you properly, and your ability to see content or complete tasks.
If the settings on your device are set to allow Geo-tagging, (location information), we collect this information to direct pertinent offers and information to you.
- PRIVACY AND YOUR RIGHTS Fund My Team deeply care about your privacy and choices. You can manage settings in your browser. Please refer to your browser instructions about cookie and security settings.
Cookie blocking and ad-blocking software may adversely affect your ability to
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share Location Information with League, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between Fund My Team and your social media account or your mobile device.
You can opt-in to receive special offers and promotions from our Merchants and business partners. If you are receiving emails directly from our Merchants and business partners and you no longer wish to receive such correspondence, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions in the emails that they send you.
- ACCESSING AND CORRECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION Keeping Personal Information about you current helps ensure that we provide you the best offers available through our merchants and business partners. You can do several things to help keep Personal Information about you current. You can access, update and delete your Contact Information and the other information you provided to use in your profile by logging into your account and accessing the “User Settings” section of the Site.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us by email through Customer Support. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Sites for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact our Customer Support Center. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION Fund My Team has implemented an information security program that contains administrative and technical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure Personal Information when it is being transmitted over the Internet.
- NOTICE TO RESIDENTS OF COUNTRIES OUTSIDE CANADA Better The World Inc. is the company responsible for the creation of the Fund My Team Service and is headquartered in the province of Ontario in Canada. Personal Information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in Canada or to our affiliates, business partners, Merchants, or service providers elsewhere in the world. By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to this transfer. We will protect the privacy and security of Personal Information according to our Privacy Statement, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
- COMMUNITIES Our Site(s) may contain Fundraising Campaigns, Communities and other areas where you may be able to publicly post information, communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs, review products and merchants, and submit media content. All the information you post will be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any Personal Information you include in your posting may be read, collected, and used by others. For example, if you post your email address along with a public restaurant review, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. Please avoid publicly posting Personal Information. If you have questions about Personal Information posted in our Communities, please contract our customer support center.
If you are not currently registered as a Fund My Team user and you use the Site’s Facebook connection functions, you will first be asked to enter your Facebook credentials and then be given the option to register and join Fund My Team. Once you register with Fund My Team and connect with Facebook, you will be able to automatically post recent Fund My Team activity back to your Facebook wall. Please refer to the privacy settings in your Facebook account to manage the performance of your Facebook account.
- PRIVACY RIGHTS AMENDMENTS
We may update this Policy as needed. If we do so, we will send you a courtesy notification within 48 hours notify you by posting the date of the last change or amendment at the top of this document. In the case of material change, we will notify you of the change in advance of the change becoming effective. By continuing to use the services available by Fund My Team, you accept the changes and agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to our terms, do not use or access the services and let us know to disconnect your profile(s).